Planning your trip        
Home Up












Past Talks
About Globetrotters
The Venue
What's On
Explore the World



Articles and suggestions
Links to travel planning sites


Latest News
Implications for travel after Brexit 

 The Brexit transition period will conclude on the 31st December 2020 and whilst we still hope for a deal to be made between the EU and the UK we advise people that their travel arrangements may need to be updated depending on any outcome. 

You will need an International Driving Permit (IDP) as well as your UK drivers licence. Further details can be found  at the UK Government website   

You may also need to have a Green card endorsement to drive in Europe. This will depend on negotiations but  you may have to organise this green card endorsement to your policy which should be posted out to you. Allow 1-4 weeks for this to be processed

Visas-  the Government web site gives  information about this

Allow plenty of extra time for journeys , book in and customs clearance in the UK for Air, Sea and Land travel. Contact your travel agent etc especially with Covid-19 and security a priority.

Health insurance: Your European Health Insurance Card or   EHIC cards
These may be invalid after the 31st December for UK citizens so make sure you have your own travel insurance. See also the NHS website for other information


The above is advisory and you need to contact the relevant Government Department for updates.



Train Travel and Tips:  Man in Seat-61Travel Guide

Travel Independent Travel Guide

Expedition travel company listings UK

















See the World








All media Copyright 2012  Chester  Globetrotters   
part of
All information contained in this website is without prejudice and for advice only. Always check information yourself before
committing either money or yourself to any agreement that you may make with a third party.
Chester Globetrotters Website or Globetrotters members cannot be held responsible for errors or third party losses arising
 from information contained in this or any other Website.